Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Pics....Finally

So I am pretty late with the Christmas pictures. I am doing my student teaching and it takes a lot of time!!! I am so used to being a stay at home mom (who is never at home because I am volunteering in the kids' classes). And since I have to work Mon-Fri, Scott had to change his schedule to weekends so we don't have to put kids in day care (I just wouldn't be able to handle that!). But now I never see Scott! But while I am at work, he runs carpool, does laundry, grocery shops, cooks, and helps the kids with homework. It's kinda nice ;)

So this Christmas was the best yet. I may say that every year, but I mean it!!! On Christmas Eve we went to a beautiful service at our new church. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I usually make a big meal, but then it is stressful. So this year we just went out. And it was awesome. A new tradition!

We spent Christmas morning just the 6 of us. I love that! We opened presents forever! The kids were so fun! Santa brought Kyler a telescope. The twins got DSI game systems. And Laynee got a Leapster. She was a little mad that it wasn't a DSI! Then we told her it was a DSI- just a different color. She was good with that and has been enjoying the game ever since. On Christmas night, Scott's parents came over for a traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixings. First Christmas in our new, gorgeous house was a HUGE success!


































2 comments:

Jennifer Starr said...

Love your blog Jamie, looks like your family had a great Christmas!!

Whitney Lawton said...

Looks like your kids had a great Christmas. I LOVE the picture of Laynee with her Leapster- too cute :)