I highly recommend Once a Month cooking to all busy moms! It made meals so simple for my family and I was shocked at how cook the food tasted! Just in case you are wondering, once a month cooking means that you spend one day cooking all of your family's dinners for a month and freeze them. At first it sounds overwhelming. But you get quicker at the cooking and you will love not having to figure out what to make every day and having to head to the grocery store for last minute ingredients! It is a time and money saver! They are also great for blessing a friend or neighbor who is ill. No planning needed!
So over the past few months I hae gotten asked over and over to share some recipes. I keep typing them and just emailing to the person who asked. I am realizing it would be so much easier to post them here. So here are some of my family's favorite meals that taste great after being frozen:
Chicken and Bows
1 package of bow tie pasta
2 pounds of chicken breasts or tenders, cubed
1 cup of chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 cub of butter
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of frozen peas (or one can of peas)
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of pepper
2/3 cup of grated parmasan cheese
1. Cook pasta
2. In a dutch oven (or very large frying pan) cook the chicken and red pepper in butter.
3. Stir in soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in parmasan cheese. Drain pasta and ass to the chicken mixture.
Serve half of the mixture immediatly. Cool the remaining and put it in a gallon ziplock bag and freeze.
1 package of Mostaccioli pasta
1 1/2 jars of Ragu spaghetti sauce
1 pound of ground beef
4 cups of Motzerella cheese
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 tsp of Italien seasoning
1/2 tsp of pepper
1. Cook the pasta.
2. Brown the ground beef.
In a large casserole dish mix the pasta, beef, sauce, cheese soup, pepper, Italien seasoning and 2 cups of Motzerella cheese.
3. Top the casserole with the remaining motzerella cheese
4. Put it in a gallon freezer bag abd freeze.
5. When you heat it up add the remaining 2 cups of Motzerella to the top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Cream Cheese Chicken
Chicken Tenders (we like the tenders but you could also use breasts)
An envelope of Italien Salad dressing mix
Half a stick of butter
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1. Melt butter in a frying pan. Add the Italien Dressing Mix.
2. Brown the Chicken Tenders in the butter mixture.
3. Add the can of soup and cream cheese. Stir until melted and creamy.
After it cools, put it in a gallon freezer bag and freeze. When you reheat, put it in a casserole dish and back at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Hope this helps get you started! We also freeze pancakes, mashed potatoes, candy carrots, meatloaf, lasagne, shepards pie, stroganoff, and more!