Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Sears Family Favorite Recipe

Dinner tonight was so delicious that I just HAD to share the recipe with you! It is super simple and can even be frozen! I call it Cream Cheese Chicken. You would think someone creative like me could come up with a better name!

Ingredients:

Chicken Tenders (we like the tenders but you could also use breasts)
An envelope of Italien Salad dressing mix
Half a stick of butter
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8oz package of cream cheese

1. Melt butter in a frying pan. Add the Italien Dressing Mix.
2. Brown the Chicken Tenders in the butter mixture.
3. Add the can of soup and cream cheese. Stir until melted and creamy.

Now you could just serve it at this point. But I love my chicken to be extra tender (Kyler can hardly chew chicken with his teeth issues!)

4. Put the chicken mixture in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

DONE! Now you can serve it. Or, you can cool it and put it in a large ziplock bag in the freezer!!! I have frozen it lots of time and it makes a super quick and yummy dinner for one of those busy school nights! Just thaw and reheat in the oven!!!!

I serve rice, veggies, and apple sauce with my chicken. You want to spice up your white rice? I mike Minute Rice using a can of chicken broth instead of water. It is delicious!!! And it is still white so the kids don't know the difference!!!

No comments: