Sunday, November 29, 2009

On the first day of Christmas......

If you know me well at all, you must know how much I LOVE the holidays!!!! It's not just CHristmas, but all the festivities leading up to Christmas that I get so excited about. I always have the month packed with fun family time!!! This year I had really hoped to make a scrapbook album that documents each day between Thanksgiving till Christmas. But then I got real!!! I don't have time for that!!!! So instead I have decided to document all the fun through pictures that I hope to share daily. Then MAYBE one day (when I am done with school!) I could turn it into a scrapbook. Otherwise, at least I have it documented somewhere!!!! So I am already a couple days late and playing catch up!!!! Here is the day after Thanksgiving....


On the first day of Christmas we took our annual family pictures and put our Christmas tree and decorations up!!!
This year we decided to be a little wild and include my parents and my brother's family in our photo shoot. But all in all, everyone did a fantastic job and the pictures are already hanging in my front room!










I think that the kids individual Pictures came out fantastic this year!
Here is Laynee....





And Danika....





And Kyler....






And Makenzie....




Here is Mammy and Papa with the grandkids.....


And the WHOLE gang.....


Then later that night we got the tree and decorations put up. I just LOVE how my house looks all decorated!!! And that nice warm glow of the Christmas tree lights always makes me smile!
Decorating the tree...






I have so many special ornaments!!! I think I could make a whole album about the stories behind these ornaments! I might share some of those stories later in the month. But for now, here is one of our family personalized family ornaments....



My decorating helpers....


I have a serious addiction to snowmen decorations! I have no idea why. I just think they are cute! Maybe because I don't have to shovel snow or drive on ice!!! So my whole house is basically decorated in snowmen. I will show more of my decorations another day (like the snowman bathroom!!!) but here are just a few shots.....

And finally our 14 foot Christmas tree decorated with hundreds of ornaments!!!!

No comments: