Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our Visit to the fire station!

I have a friend whose husband works for the local fire department. Since Kyler LOVES firemen, I asked if Dave would mind giving us a tour of the fire department. When we made the plans, I think I got just as excited as Kyler!!! I just love coming up with these special activities to do with the kids. I swear, my heart grows a little every time!!!

So here is my little fireman outside of the station. Just check out his smile....


And yesterday, Kyler spent a lot of time drawing a picture for Fireman Dave. It is a fire truck and fireman. It was so cute!!!


Dave showed us around the inside of the station where the firemen eat and sleep and hang out. I think Kyler really liked this since I am fairly certain he thought the firemen had to live in the truck! Then we went into the garage and saw the trucks. Dave showed the kids all the tools and stuff. And he put Kyler up in the driver's seat! More big smiles....





Danika was really enjoying this as well. She always says that she wants to be a "fireman doctor" when she grows up. We are trying to teach her the word "paramedic"!!! So here she is next to the ambulance that they have at the fire station...



And here is my little jr. fireman next to his new friend, Fireman Dave!


And then it was time for the BEST part. Dave pulled the truck out of the garage and turned the emergency lights on. Kyler LOVED it!!!







After the fire station, Scott and I decided to treat the kids to Dairy Queen. It was 113 degrees out so a cool treat sounded good!!!! As we sat there, it was so fun to listen to the kids talk about the fire station. Danika said that when she grows up, she wants to be just like Fireman Dave!!! Kyler can't wait until he turns 14 because Dave said that's when you can start helping at the fire station. Such cuties!!!
As soon as I got home, I just had to scrapbook our adventure....


And then I got to thinking...Kyler has had a love for firemen since he was a baby!!! His first birthday party was a fireman theme. And the reason we had picked that theme was because he spent so much time on his ride-on firetruck toy. And then just last year, Kyler was a fireman for Halloween. And he has been wearing that costume on a weekly basis ever since! It's torn!!! I think he just might be getting a new one this year for Christmas ; ) So I decided to make a scrapbook page that documents his love for fireman.....


Tonight Kyler asked me if he can have a fireman birthday party when he turns 6. So cute, since his birthday isn't until January!!! He went on to say "Mommy, we can even make up a party game using the hose." Well if firefighting doesn't work out for him, he can always fall back on being a party planner!!!!

No comments: